Alex Pereira is determined to be part of the historic UFC White House card, regardless of whether his opponent is Jon Jones or anyone else.
Earlier this month, a video posted by TikTok user Noah The Boah, apparently recorded quietly with Meta Glasses, captured “Bones” in a backstage exchange with UFC welterweight Joaquin Buckley at a Dirty Boxing event, where he revealed he is battling severe arthritis.
Jones noted that the condition is severe enough to qualify him for a hip replacement and is a major reason for his hesitation about carrying on with his fighting career. After the video circulated on social media, the former two-division UFC champion also clarified that the promotion has been informed about his condition and that he still hopes to compete at the UFC White House event on June 14.
Meanwhile, “Poatan” had set his sights on a heavyweight clash with Jones at the White House event, but the arthritis news has cast uncertainty over whether Jones will compete again.
However, Alex Pereira doesn’t see it as a major obstacle.

Alex Pereira Reacts To Jon Jones Arthritis News Says Injuries Are Common In MMA
In a recent video on Valter Walker’s YouTube channel, Alex Pereira addressed Jon Jones’ revelation about severe arthritis, saying he does not believe it would prevent them from meeting at the UFC White House event.
I think every athlete has chronic injuries, serious injuries,” Pereira said. “If a high-level athlete says something like that, for the history he has, it’s not new to me.”
“Poatan” added that he remains eager to be part of the White House event even if Jones is not his opponent, leaving open the possibility of a move to heavyweight and hinting that an announcement about his next fight could come soon.
Whoever they put in front of me, I’ll be fighting. I love fighting, so it doesn’t matter weight classes — of course, if you say middleweight I can’t make that anymore. At the other two divisions, light heavyweight and heavyweight, [the opponent] is indifferent to me.”
Alex Pereira was last seen in action at UFC 320 in October 2025, where he avenged his previous loss to Magomed Ankalaev and reclaimed the light heavyweight title with a devastating first-round knockout. He now holds a 10-2 UFC record, highlighted by eight knockout victories.

