There is a new rumor circulating that Tom Aspinall has been asked to vacate his UFC heavyweight championship. However, so far, nothing has been confirmed by the promotion or the champion himself.
Most recently, former UFC fighter Josh Thomson claimed that the UFC has asked Tom Aspinall to vacate until he is fit to compete, and the Brit has allegedly agreed to do so if the promotion releases him so that he can pursue a career in boxing. Thomson said:
Reports are out that the UFC asked Tom Aspinall to vacate the title until he was ready to go, and he said he’ll be ready to vacate the title as long as they release him. Now that opens the door so he can go ahead and box.”
Check out Josh Thomson’s comments about Tom Aspinall below:
A few hours back, more concerning news about Aspinall’s eye injury surfaced. Fans got to know the problems he has been dealing with ever since Ciryl Gane poked him in the eyes at UFC 321.
Aspinall recently had double eye surgery at Optegra Eye Health Care in the UK.
Journalist Peter Carroll, who accompanied Tom Aspinall to double-eye surgery on Tuesday, shared with fans the problems the champ has been dealing with post UFC 321. Carroll said:
His balance is completely different. It’s not normal, but this is the situation he’s in. He cannot see right. It’s a big problem.”
Here are some of the other problems Apsinall is dealing with:
He still can’t track moving targets.
He gets vertigo if he changes directions suddenly.
He misses people’s hands when he tries to shake them.
He has to take 32 eye drops a day
He has to ask people to drive him to places
He struggles to play with his kids
He has a black spot in his vision that won’t go away.
Check the post below:
The Brit has made it clear that he will not rush his return until his eyes are fully healed. He says he is not thinking about defending his strap at the moment.
Aspinall is expected to be sidelined for many more months until he is cleared to fight.
Peter Carroll says the news that Tom Aspinall is vacating is fake
Journalist Peter Carroll stated that rumors about Aspinall being asked to vacate are false. He wrote on X:
This is not true. No one has contacted Tom Aspinall or his team about vacating his title or being exiled from the roster. Seems like that would be important in terms of a mutual agreement.”
A few hours back, Tom Aspinall also made it clear that he’s:
Still in the game 👊 @champion”
Check out Tom Aspinall’s post below:
We at MMA Pros Pick wish the champ, Tom Aspinall, a speedy recovery.
