Sean O’Malley is not convinced by the judges’ scoring of his UFC 306 bout against Merab Dvalishvili.
O’Malley lost his bantamweight title to “The Machine” in 2024 at the Sphere in Las Vegas. The Georgian, with his relentless pressure, superior ground game, and endless cardio, secured six takedowns, landed 82 significant strikes, and cruised to a dominant unanimous decision victory (49-46, 48-47, and 48-47).
However, “Suga” says he won rounds 1, 3, and 5, and even ChatGPT has been telling O’Malley the same. In a recent YouTube video on his channel, he said:
You put it to AI and say, ‘Here’s the fight, who won it?’ It says clear as day, ChatGPT, ‘Sean O’Malley won round 1, 3, 5.'”
“Suga” and “The Machine” ran it back in 2025 at UFC 316, where the Georgian submitted the challenger in Round 3.
Despite losing twice to Merab Dvalishvili, Sean O’Malley believes that in a three-round fight, he would fare better and could potentially secure a victory over the former.
Sean O’Malley thinks he’s not going to fight at the White House
After 2 back-to-back losses to Merab Dvalishvili, Sean O’Malley finally snapped his losing skid earlier this year at UFC 324 with a victory over Song Yadong.
After that, “Suga” wanted to run it back with the current two-time UFC bantamweight champion Petr Yan at the White House. However, the Russian recently had lower back surgery and will be out of action for the next 2 months. Even when Yan returns, he will defend his title against Merab Dvalishvili to settle their trilogy, which is currently tied at 1-1.
“Suga” also believes “The Machine” deserves a title rematch for being the most active champion in 2025, before losing his title at UFC 323 to “No Mercy.”
Hence, in the meantime, to stay active, O’Malley had called out Cory Sandhagen. However, the UFC brass has not reached out to O’Malley to fight on June 14, which makes him think he won’t fight on the South Lawn of the White House. During the same sit-down posted above, he said:
I haven’t got a call, I have’t got a jingle. I haven’t heard anything. Suga Show might not be at the White House.”
The UFC White House card’s matchmaking has been completed, per Dana White, and the promotion has 2 different options to choose from. The rest of the information about this card is still under wraps.
