By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
MMA Pros Pick Logo
  • Home
  • News
  • Predictions
  • Interviews
  • Rankings
  • Bonuses
Reading: Chael Sonnen Claims Inside Info on Conor McGregor’s Next Fight
Share
  • Home
  • News
  • Predictions
  • Interviews
  • Rankings
  • Bonuses
Reading: Chael Sonnen Claims Inside Info on Conor McGregor’s Next Fight
Share
MMA Pros Pick Logo
  • Home
  • News
  • Predictions
  • More
    • Interviews
    • Rankings
    • Bonuses
Reading: Chael Sonnen Claims Inside Info on Conor McGregor’s Next Fight
Share
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Predictions
  • More
    • Interviews
    • Rankings
    • Bonuses
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
MMA PROS PICK > News > Chael Sonnen Claims Inside Info on Conor McGregor’s Next Fight
News

Chael Sonnen Claims Inside Info on Conor McGregor’s Next Fight

Subham Sahu January 30, 2026 4 Min Read
Share
4 Min Read
Conor McGregor
SHARE

Chael Sonnen says he has insider information about UFC’s plans for Conor McGregor. Sonnen claims the UFC had dubbed a potential Justin Gaethje vs. Conor McGregor bout as Gaethje’s ‘retirement fight,’ believing ‘The Highlight’ would lose at UFC 324 and then cash in on a red-panty night against ‘The Notorious.’

Sonnen also says, as per insider information, McGregor was going to fight Justin Gaethje at the UFC White House, and the bout was going to be contested at welterweight, as the Irishman does not intend to return at 155 pounds.

However, the 37-year-old winning the interim lightweight title this past weekend by dismantling Paddy Pimblett has completely shattered the blueprint now.

However, Sonnen alleges that a potential Gaethje vs. McGregor bout is still on the table. In a recent YouTube video on his channel, he said:

Right now, Gaethje vs. McGregor is still on the table. I think that should be pulled. I do not believe that Conor should walk into a title fight, but moreover, I will tell you, and Conor will too – He’s not going to 155 [pounds]… They’re [UFC] still pushing for Conor at 155 [pounds]. This is all extremely accurate information.”

Check out Chael Sonnen’s comments about Conor McGregor below (7:23):

Sonnen next opined that he does not like the idea of Paddy Pimblett locking horns with Conor McGregor.

Lastly, the UFC Hall of Famer added that he wants to see Michael Chandler take on McGregor, a bout that was promised to fans and didn’t come to fruition at UFC 303, as the Dubliner had to pull out due to a toe injury, leaving the TUF 31 Saga incomplete.

See also  "Could Paralyze Her": MMA Manager Reveals Severity of Kayla Harrison's Neck Injury Ahead of UFC 324
Conor McGregor
Conor McGregor wants to fight on the UFC White House Card. [Image via Conor McGregor on Facebook]

Michael Chandler still has hopes of fighting Conor McGregor

Michael Chandler has promised to steal the show on June 14 with or without Conor McGregor, when the promotion heads to the South Lawn of the White House.

Michael Chandler, Conor McGregor

Chandler still has hopes of facing McGregor, even after the UFC head honcho dashed the former’s plans by previously opining that he’s not interested in this fight anymore.

‘The Notorious’ is in contention for a spot on the UFC White House Card, as confirmed by Dana White. However, who the Dubliner will take on when he finally returns to the octagon remains unanswered.

Chandler, in a recent interview with MMA Junkie, stated that his sights are set on the White House card and the bumped-up bonuses, and he will steal the show on June 14, whether he fights ‘The Notorious’ or any other opponent. He said:

Obviously, as Dana [White] said, they’re gonna start that matchmaking, on Monday, talking about the White House card. Everyone knows that’s what my sights are set on. Best-case scenario, it’s me and Conor. Worst-case scenario, I am still fighting at the White House and fighting someone else, and it will be an awesome, badas*s matchup. And I will steal the show, and I will end up with one of those bonuses.”

Check out Michael Chandler’s comments below:

Michael Chandler promises to "steal the show" at UFC White House – Conor McGregor or not.

(via @MikeBohn) pic.twitter.com/tHmKMngT0a

— MMA Junkie (@MMAJunkie) January 29, 2026

You Might Also Like

UFC Double Header This Weekend: How to Watch Zuffa Boxing 01 and UFC 324

Justin Gaethje Poised to Storm the White House and Take the Throne from Ilia Topuria in June

Once-Rising Heavyweight Jailton Almeida Shown the Door by UFC After Consecutive Losses, MMA World Reacts

Umar Nurmagomedov Delivers Dominant Performance Against Deiveson Figueiredo – UFC 324 Highlights

Ronda Rousey: Why Pressure Does Not Get to Me Anymore

TAGGED:Conor McGregorMichael ChandlerMMAUFCUFC White House
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Copy Link
By Subham Sahu
Subham is a writer and editor with experience spanning MMA, Health & Fitness, true crime, and pop culture. He has previously worked with Sportskeeda MMA, SK True Crime, and SK Pop, Movies, and Shows. He currently covers the UFC for LowKickMMA and MMA Pros Picks.
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
TwitterFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TiktokFollow

Latest News

Sean Strickland Is Just One Win Away From Khamzat Chimaev At The White House - Says Legendary MMA Coach
Sean Strickland Is Just One Win Away From Khamzat Chimaev At The White House – Says Legendary MMA Coach
News February 19, 2026
Alex Pereira Downplays Jon Jones' Arthritis Update, Still Wants Spot On UFC White House Card
Alex Pereira Downplays Jon Jones’ Arthritis Update, Still Wants Spot On UFC White House Card: “It’s Not New To Me”
News February 19, 2026
Jorge Masvidal Breaks Down Bare-Knuckle Heavyweight MMA Tournament In Gamebred FC
Jorge Masvidal Breaks Down Bare-Knuckle Heavyweight MMA Tournament In Gamebred FC
News February 19, 2026
Islam Makhachev, Ian Machado Garry
Islam Makhachev Calls Ian Machado Garry’s Training Trip to Georgia a Mistake
News February 18, 2026
mmaprospick
mmaprospick

. MMA Pros Pick: Your home for elite UFC fight analysis. We provide breaking news, full card breakdowns, and data-driven MMA predictions to help you bet smarter.

Editor's Picks

Alex Pereira Downplays Jon Jones’ Arthritis Update, Still Wants Spot On UFC White House Card: “It’s Not New To Me”
Rizvan Kuniev Tops Jailton Almeida After Three Sleepy Rounds – UFC Vegas 113 Highlights
Israel Adesanya Nearly Fought Surging UFC Middleweight Last Year
Merab Dvalishvili: Ilia Topuria Laughing at Gaethje vs. Pimblett’s “Boxing”

Follow Us on Socials

We use social media to react to breaking news, update supporters and share information

Instagram Facebook X-twitter Tiktok Youtube
  • About US
  • Contact Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Reading: Chael Sonnen Claims Inside Info on Conor McGregor’s Next Fight
Share
© 2025 All Rights reserved | Powered by MMA Pros Pick
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?