Michael Chandler plans on stealing the show at the White House this summer, whether it’s against Conor McGregor or not.
For nearly three years, Chandler has been holding out for his “red panty night” against the Irish megastar. Their long-awaited clash nearly came to fruition at UFC 303, but McGregor ultimately pulled out due to a broken pinky toe.
Since then, Chandler has gone on to drop back-to-back bouts against Charles Oliveira and Paddy Pimblett. But even after taking those fights, he never gave up hope that he’d one day grace the Octagon opposite McGregor.

Unfortunately for Chandler, it seems like that dream is officially dead after Dana White told Pat McAfee, “That’s not the fight we’re going with,” when asked about Chandler finally facing McGregor at the White House in June.
Still, ‘Iron’ is holding out hope that he’ll eventually go toe-to-toe with ‘The Notorious’ one day. But if not, he fully intends on delivering the Fight of the Night at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, no matter who stands across from him.
“Obviously, as Dana and they have said, they’re going to start that matchmaking on Monday, talking about the White House card,” Chandler told MMA Junkie. “Everybody knows that’s what my sights are set on. Best‑case scenario, it’s me and Conor. Worst‑case scenario, I’m still fighting at the White House and fighting someone else, and it will be an awesome badass matchup, and I will steal the show, and I will end up with one of those bonuses.”
UFC White House is Set to Cost Dana White and Co. a Pretty Penny
Aside from a date — June 14, 2026 — and Donald Trump’s eyebrow-raising claim that the historic Fight Night would host upwards of nine UFC title tilts, very little is known about the White House card.
Recently, renowned journalist Ariel Helwani claimed that the event will not air on pay-per-view as previously rumored. There will also be no gate and no sponsors, leaving little in the way of revenue to pay a fighter like McGregor, who typically demands a multi-million dollar purse per fight.
White also confirmed to Sports Business Journal that no taxpayer dollars will go towards the event. Instead, the UFC is footing the entire bill, which is expected to eclipse the $20 million the company spent for Noche UFC at the Las Vegas Sphere in 2024.

Are you excited to see what the UFC puts together for its big night on the south lawn?
